Home  //  About Us  //  History

Parish of St. Luke

 

The history of the parish of St Luke's is inseparable from that of the growth of the Anglican church in the city of Toowoomba and, indeed of the history of the city itself.

St Luke's itself has been transformed from a small schoolroom designed for the dual purpose of providing a school during the week and a church on Sunday, to the imposing Gothic style stone building we know today. To read more about this transformation, click here.

Changes have also taken place in the structure of the parish, which currently consists of two daughter churches,  All Saints', Arthur Street and St Mark's, Rangeville.

 

1907
baptistry2
foundationstone
glennie
plaque
slabchurch
1/6 
start stop bwd fwd

Quick Links

Scroll Up